To take advantage of some features of our Website technology, we may need to collect protected health information (PHI) from you. To comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, more commonly known as HIPAA, we will treat your PHI as confidential information and not disclose it to anyone other than as necessary to provide you with products and services.
We may at times create a case report (a non-personal summary of your PHI) to be shared with healthcare professionals for medical education purposes. If we create a case report, we will strictly follow HIPAA regulations, which require us to either 1) get a prior signed authorization from you or 2) to make sure what is included in the case report does not contain any of the 18 health information identifiers noted in HIPAA regulations. A prior signed authorization from you is not required if none of the 18 identifiers, as listed and described below are used in the case report.
These identifiers include:
- Your name
- The month and day of any dates directly related to you, including such things as your birthday and admission and discharge dates; and all ages over 89 and all elements of dates (including year) indicative of such age, except that such ages and elements may be aggregated into a single category of age 90 or older
- Your phone numbers
- Your fax numbers
- Your email addresses
- Your social security number
- Your medical record numbers
- Your health insurance plan number
- Any account numbers
- Any certificate and/or license numbers
- Any vehicle identification numbers (VINs) or license plate numbers
- Any device identification numbers or serial numbers
- Any URLs (website addresses)
- Any IP numbers
- Any biometric readings or identifiers
- Any photos or related images showing the face of any associated individual
- Any other unique identifying number, characteristic, or code other than a reference number for the case file itself
Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Disclaimer or its terms relating to the Website and Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Disclaimer on the Website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website and Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Acceptance of this disclaimer
You acknowledge that you have read this Disclaimer and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Disclaimer. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Disclaimer, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Disclaimer or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the contact form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on November 24, 2020